Source: 112 – Cultivating a Futurist Mindset with Connie Reimers-Hild – Jake A Carlson
Top Takeaways: Cultivating a Futurist Mindset with Connie Reimers-Hild
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backward – Steve Jobs
- What if you could find a way to look forward?
- Futurist is a discipline and schools have teaching certifications for this
- Futurism is a strategic tool to influence and impact both now and the future
- A mix of methodology and mindset – strategic foresight to create the future we want
- Vivid Visual Vision – 3-5 years out what do you want to do and experience?
- Crayons, Paints, any medium to make the vision as vivid as possible – make it your own whole brain, whole soul process
- Get below the surface and become very self-aware and honest about your future
- Proactively pause and find out what you want – step away from the demand and create a new model – become mindful
- Slow the train down to obtain a creative flow – (savor a piece of chocolate)
- Time and Value of being in the moment
- The future is created every day – today matters as we build for tomorrow
- We live in a “nowist society” – instant gratification and we are starting to look for that in our careers as well
- Intentional learning – determine what you want to experience along the way
- Is your ladder against the right building? Are these the right steps? Adjust your ladder if you find you want a different option
- Authenticity – What am I willing to do to be bolder and go in the direction I want to go
- Follow other futurists – question the current paradigm – borrow from others but do unique and original things
- Inventory of your strengths and how do we leverage those – who wants or needs this?
- Focus on strengths rather than weaknesses – become the best at what you’re good at
- Alternate futures vs probable futures – develop your preferred future – something you are passionate about
Leave a Reply